Finally new season potatoes at Albany Farmers Market this Saturday.
- Norland – red skinned waxy ideal for boiling and salads;
- Delaware – WA old favourite, general purpose.
Stems and roots:
- carrots – delicious sweet rainbow and nantes varieties;
- spring onions;
- green garlic;
- Tuscan kale
- Perpetual spinach, ruby chard and silver beet;
- Bitter green salad mix plus some whole radicchio, frisee, scarole and sugarloaf endives;
- Asian vegetables – pak choi, choy sum.
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce (for marinades, basting, substitute for fresh coriander),
- Vietnamese Curry Paste (sorry not available, new batch soon),
- Green Curry Paste,
- Thai style Chilli Jam,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Eggplant Kasaundi (new batch),
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- spicy tomato sauce (new batch),
- Harrief (sorry not available, new batch soon),
- Quince Butter and
- Quince Jelly – classic jelly and with quince pieces.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.