This week new batches of preserves- Eggplant Kasaundi and Spicy Tomato Sauce. Vegetables pickings include coriander (with big roots), Tuscan kale, perpetual spinach, ruby chard, baby carrots, bitter green salad, fennel and spring onions.
Stems and roots:
- carrots – long thin orange varieties;
- spring onions;
- Tuscan kale
- Perpetual spinach, ruby chard and silver beet;
- Bitter green salad mix plus some whole radicchio, frisee, scarole and sugarloaf endives;
- mache (lambs lettuce) – winter salad green with a soft succulent leaf and nutty flavour.
- Asian vegetables – shungiku (edible chrysanthemum),
- coriander (with huge roots for those interested in making Thai curry pastes),
- fat hen (wild green, spinach substitute with nutty flavour),
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce (for marinades, basting, substitute for fresh coriander),
- Vietnamese Curry Paste,
- Green Curry Paste,
- Thai style Chilli Jam,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Eggplant Kasaundi (new batch),
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- spicy tomato sauce (new batch),
- Quince Butter and
- Quince Jelly – classic jelly and with quince pieces.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.