At their best this week are Tuscan kale, perpetual spinach, baby carrots, bitter green salad, fennel, spring onions and coriander.
Stems and roots:
- carrots – baby orange varieties;
- spring onions;
- Japanese white turnips;
- baby leeks.
- Tuscan kale
- Perpetual spinach and silver beet;
- Bitter green salad mix plus some whole frisee, scarole and sugarloaf endives;
- mache (lambs lettuce) – winter salad green with a soft succulent leaf and nutty flavour.
- Asian vegetables – shungiku (edible chrysanthemum) and pak choi.
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce (for marinades, basting, substitute for fresh coriander),
- Vietnamese Curry Paste,
- Green Curry Paste,
- Thai style Chilli Jam,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- Quince Butter and
- Quince Jelly – classic jelly and with quince pieces.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.