Baby carrots, swedes, turnips, leeks, beetroot – perfect vegetables for some warming meals as the cold weather returns. Plus plenty of bitter green salad and Asian vegetables.
Stems and roots:
- carrots – baby orange varieties;
- beetroot – standard and golden;
- purple topped turnips;
- Japanese white turnips;
- Perpetual spinach and ruby chard;
- spring greens and curly kale bags;
- Bitter green salad mix plus some whole frisee and scarole;
- purple sprouting;
- Asian vegetables – green and white stem pak choy and choy sum.
- Argentine pumpkins.
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce (for marinades, basting, substitute for fresh coriander),
- Vietnamese Curry Paste,
- Harrief (hot Moroccan style chilli and roasted pepper sauce),
- Thai style Chilli Jam,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Eggplant Kasaundi (sorry out of stock, new batch soon)
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- Spicy Tomato Sauce,
- Quince Butter and
- Quince Jelly – classic jelly and with quince pieces.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.