Lots of Bitter Green Salad Mix this week, plus Argentine pumpkin and Asian vegetables. Sadly this week is the end of the season for potatoes (next harvest Nov).
- Purple sprouting (purple florets with crisp, sweet green stems – lightly cook or eat raw);
- Bitter green salad mix pl us some whole frisee and scarole;
- sugarloaf cabbages (small supply);
- Asian vegetables – pak choy and choy sum.
See our article Winter Salads for some salad making ideas.
- Argentine pumpkins.
Stems and roots:
- carrots – several varieties including Amsterdam (long thin orange), nantes and purple and yellow varieties;
- fennel ;
- bunched young purple topped turnips;
- Ranger Russet – very floury potato developed for chipping, also perfect for roasting and jacket potatoes. Good masher, but be careful when boiling floury potatoes as they crack when over cooked.
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce (for marinades, basting, substitute for fresh coriander),
- Vietnamese Curry Paste,
- Harrief (hot Moroccan style chilli and roasted pepper sauce),
- Thai style Chilli Jam,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Eggplant Kasaundi (sorry out of stock, new batch soon)
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- Spicy Tomato Sauce,
- Quince Butter and
- Quince Jelly – classic jelly and with quince pieces.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.