We will have an abundance of winter vegetables this week at Albany Farmers Market.
- Rodeo – semi floury, multipurpose potato for boiling, mashing and roasting;
- Ranger Russet – very floury potato for chipping, but also brilliant baked in its jacket or roasted. Needs to be watched when boiled as floury potatoes have a tendency to break apart if over cooked.
- we have lots of delicious Argentine pumpkins. Perfect for soups or roasting. Sweet firm flesh.
Stems and roots:
- carrots – we have harvested a big patch of sweet, crunchy winter nantes;;
- fennel – perfect combined with navel oranges in a salad;
- European radish;
- beetroot, standard purple and blankoma (white variety with tender, edible leaves).
- Tuscan kale (cavolo nero) and curly kale;
- Bitter green salad mix;
- frisee and scarole;
- cos and minicos lettuces
- sugarloaf cabbage;
- Chinese cabbage (Wombok)
- Perpetual spinach;
- broccolini and first of this year’s purple sprouting;
- Romanesco (last week).
- pak choy;
- choy sum;
- Chinese cabbage (Wombok);
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce ,
- Vietnamese Curry Paste,
- Tomato and Anaheim relish,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- spicy tomato sauce,
- pickled fire roasted chillies (mild -Anaheim and Poblanos, hot -Jalapenos)
- quince jelly (including some with quince pieces)
- quince butter,
- Seville orange marmalade.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.