Winter at Bathgate Farm
Despite the cold and wet conditions we are still producing lots of vegetables for winter markets.
- Rodeo – semi floury, multipurpose potato for boiling, mashing and roasting;
- Ranger Russet – very floury potato for chipping, but also brilliant baked in its jacket or roasted. Needs to be watched when boiled as floury potatoes have a tendency to break apart if over cooked.
- we have lots of delicious Argentine pumpkins. Perfect for soups or roasting. Sweet firm flesh.
Stems and roots:
- carrots – small supply of orange and multi-coloured bunches – be early;
- Tuscan kale (cavolo nero);
- Bitter green salad mix;
- cabbages (small supply).
- pak choy;
- choy sum;
- Chinese cabbage (loose leaf type);
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce – NEW BATCH AT LAST ,
- Vietnamese Curry Paste,
- Romato and Anaheim relish,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- spicy tomato sauce,
- pickled fire roasted chillies (mild -Anaheim and Poblanos, hot -Jalapenos)
- quince jelly (including some with quince pieces)
- quince butter,
- Seville orange marmalade.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.