Lots of greens this week – we have the first cut of perpetual spinach plus Tuscan kale, collards and curly kale.
- Dutch Cream – sought after yellow -fleshed waxy potato, excellent for mashing, roasting, casseroles, salads, boiling;
- Norland (red skinned, waxy potatoes for boiling and salads);
- Delaware (all round old favourite);
- Nicola (yellow fleshed, waxy – similar to Dutch cream);
Stems and roots:
- French breakfast and round red radishes;
- Tuscan kale, collards and curly kale;
- Violetta cauliflowers, Romanesco broccoli;
- Sugar loaf cabbage;
- Perpetual spinach;
- Violetta cauliflowers and Romanesco broccoli;
- Frisee – blanched to produce lots of pale leaves in the centre;
- Bitter salad mix – Italian style mix including frisee, scarole, radicchio, sugar loaf endive, coral and cos lettuce.
- Argentine pumpkins – on request only.
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce (for marinades, basting, substitute for fresh coriander),
- Vietnamese Curry Paste,
- Harrief (hot Moroccan style chilli and roasted pepper sauce),
- Thai style Chilli Jam,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Eggplant Kasaundi,
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- Spicy Tomato Sauce,
- Quince Butter and
- Quince Jelly – classic jelly and with quince pieces.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.