Harvest time for onions, parsnips and potatoes, plus lots of spring vegetables.
- Kipfler – waxy fingerling variety. Delicious however used.
- Royal Blue – yellow fleshed slightly floury potato, makes the best mash, good roaster and chipper.
- Norland – red skinned waxy ideal for boiling and salads;
- Delaware – WA old favourite, general purpose
Stems and roots:
- carrots – delicious sweet rainbow and nantes varieties;
- spring onions;
- red and white salad onions;
- early brown onions;
- Hamburg parsley.
- Tuscan kale
- Bitter green salad mix;
- Radicchio, sugarloaf endive and scarole.
Preserves from the farm :
- Coriander and Garlic Sauce (sorry not available, new batch soon),
- Vietnamese Curry Paste (new batch),
- Green Curry Paste,
- Thai style Chilli Jam,
- Red Onion and Tomato Chutney,
- Eggplant Kasaundi,
- Tomato Kasaundi,
- spicy tomato sauce,
- Harrief (new batch),
- Quince Butter.
All available on Saturday from 8 am to 12 noon at Albany Farmers Market, Collie Street, Albany. Western Australia.